Agenda Day One – 13 October, Tuesday
Chairman’s Opening Remarks
- Claus-Peter Haelsig Vice President Process & Technology - Fluor
Keynote Address from MOL
- David Pullan Group Downstream Development Senior Vice President - MOL Group
MOL Group Polyolefin Development in CEE Context
- CEE polyolefin market outlook on strategic horizon
- MOL Group polyolefin market presence
- Polymer capacity upgrade and expansion program: Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
The New EU Commission in Place – What Does it Mean for European Petrochemicals?
- The (petro-)chemical industry – facts and figures
- Understanding the regulatory burden and a summary of pros and cons for the petrochemical industry in Europe
- The new EU Commission’s agenda.
Slovnaft’s Major Polymer Capacity Upgrade and Expansion Program: Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Drivers for boosting polyethylene production to 220,000 tpa
- Plans to be operational by November
- Competitiveness with a larger higher-quality petrochemicals product portfolio
SPEED NETWORKING FOLLOWED BY MORNING REFRESHMENTS AND NETWORKING BREAK
Speed Networking is a great ice-breaker that sets up introductions and discussions for later on at the conference.
Air Liquide’s Technology Offering for the Petrochemical Industry
- Knowhow and core competencies in technologies for oxidation and extraction of different aromatics and/or olefins
MOL Butadiene - The Success Story
- BASF's NMP technology and Air Liquide Global E&C Solutions' tailor-made design and engineering of Butadiene Units
- Air Liquide Global E&C Solutions’ contribution to the successful extension of MOL's Petrochemical value chain
Deep Catalytic Cracking (DCC) and Maximizing Iso-paraffin (MIP)
- Guo Hongli Director - Sinopec
International Supply and Demand Dynamics and its Impact on European Refining
- State of the global and European markets
- Repercussions of refinery expansions in non-OECD markets with a special focus on Russia and the Middle East – how is the CEE region responding?
- Outlook and opportunities for the European Refining Industry
- Alexander Poegl Head of Business Development - JBC Energy
PANEL DISCUSSION – European Energy Union – Impact on the Refining and Petrochemical Business
- Modernisation is key: modernising our energy market, modernising our infrastructure, and modernising our investment framework.
- Current and future climate change initiatives and compliance
- Vulnerability of supply shortages
- Competing on a global landscape – can Europe be a real contender with ever stricter regulations impacting the competitiveness of the industry?
- Perspectives of development of the CEE chemical industry in the context of the EU regulations
- The future – innovate and adapt
The First EST Commercial Unit: Achieving the Goal of Residue Conversion
- Converting bottom of the barrel products to lighter components through slurry hydrocracking
- Eni’s plans to optimize the design of future EST projects
- Exploring how the technology could be used in other parts of the world which have reserves of heavy crude
- Licensing opportunities
- Giacomo Rispoli Executive Vice President - ENI S.p.A
Increased Flexibility of Refineries by O2 Enrichment – Sulphur Recovery and New Opportunities
- Janusz Kertynski Market Segment Manager Chemistry & Energy - Linde
Afternoon Refreshments and Networking Break
Table 1: Bottom of the Barrel – Does it have a Future?
- The future of heavy fuel in the region and impact of IMO regulation
- Economy of the bottom of barrel technologies vs. light crude processing
- Residual and heavy fuel oil refining in Europe: alternatives to reach it
Led by Ziya Gurun, Izmit Refinery Manager, Tupras
Table 2: Competitiveness of the CEE Chemical Industry
- Perspectives of development of the CEE chemical industry in the context of the EU climate policy
- Globalization vs. competitive position of European chemistry
- Is EU still friendly for chemical industry?
Led by Tomasz Zielinski, President of the Board, Polish Chamber of Chemical Industry
Table 3: The Data Boom
- A key step towards Operational Excellence
- Turning data into profit
Led by Joseph Paris, Founder, Operational Excellence Society
Table 4: To be confirmed
Led by Laszlo Petranyi, EMEA Business Development Leader, Honeywell